OMG, SANTANA, YOU'RE KILLING ME. SDKSJDFGHF BRITTANY WAS READY TO DATE YOU. WHAT, WHAT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
I have to say, as much as the Brittana angst is breaking my heart, I'm eating it up with a spoon. I like that it's messy and imperfect and they're both trying but both kind of getting it wrong at the same time, and I cannot fucking wait until they're finally both on the same page. IT'S GOING TO BE GLORIOUS.
I have to bitch about the stupid fucking "playing for the other team" cop-out, though. WEAK. It doesn't even make sense in Brittany-logic, let alone the real world. Why would she gossip about something that is common knowledge, old news, and not even interesting in the first place? Sigh. So I don't know whether to believe that Brittany actually did it intentionally, or Ryan Murphy is just a hack. Probably the latter.
Anyway, things I especially loved:
- "Santana told me never to speak alone with you because you'll try to steal all of my gold." Guys, Santana manages to steal scenes she's not even in.
- "'What Prom Queen candidate is spending a lot of time in her closet?' That's garbage, Quinn's claustrophobic." "No, that's Santana." We are WAY overdue a Rachel/Santana scene, y/y? I hope we at least see Rachel's reaction when Santana comes out.
- Santana wearing motherfucking DUNGAREES while trying to reassert her heterosexuality. TWICE. Capital G Gay.
- Kristin Chenoweth continues to be awesome, but I'm also glad she was used sparingly. This is how you use guest stars, Glee.
- NO BLAINE. NO WARBLERS. \o/
- All the music was really good, and I say this as someone who downloaded the Fleetwood Mac album before the episode aired, listened to about four songs and went, "Meh."
- Songbird obviously was amazing, and the talk afterwards, oh my God. BRITTANY WAS GOING TO ASK SANTANA TO PROM. Also THEIR FACES, AND THAT HUG. You remember how in South of Nowhere they always had these really shitty weaksauce hugs? I love how when Santana and Brittany hug, it's like they never want to let go. omfg, they give me so many ~feelings.
- Even though I was obviously despairing over Santana bailing on Brittany, I'm actually kind of glad it worked out this way? Two reasons: I think Santana needs to come out for herself, not for Brittany, and I also think that Brittany needs to make a definitive choice about who she wants to be with instead of just moving on to Santana because she broke up with Artie. Now, obviously it's not guaranteed that I'm going to get either of those things, but I live in hope!
- Santana randomly ragging on Rachel for no reason. I'm so, so convinced that Santana has a secret crush on Rachel and nothing will convince me otherwise.
- SAM. I don't care, I think he's adorable and charming and I loved him in this episode. I really wish the writers had stuck with their original plan and kept him as Kurt's boyfriend instead of inventing fucking Blaine, who is just tedious.
- Lord Tubbington. Need I say more?
So that was a whole lot of awesome! There wasn't really anything I hated, not even the hot mess that is the Rachel/Finn/Quinn triangle. I think if I were particularly invested in any of them, or any side of the triangle, it would've bugged me that they were basically all awful to each other, but I didn't mind it. Mostly because I thought Go Your Own Way and I Don't Want to Know were both really great performances. I guess awesomely passive-aggressive performances are my thing? WHO KNEW.
Next week: PROM OMG. I'm spoiled, but still looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.