Whenever I don't post on LJ for a while - and this is probably the longest I've ever gone; nearly two weeks! - I feel like I need to apologise/explain, but I don't know if people even notice this kind of thing? I've still been around, reading every day and commenting here and there, but I guess because I've been in a bit of a fannish slump I haven't felt the need to post. THANKS FOR BREAKING MY SPIRIT, SKINS
. Anyway, these are some of the things I might have posted about over the past two weeks if I weren't so lazy:
- Work sent me on TWO conferences last week. One was in Manchester, and was totally boring and mostly irrelevant to my work and basically a COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME, but the second one in Nottingham wasn't so bad. Although we might have spent, uh, forty minutes driving round the centre of Nottingham looking for the damn Hilton. Fuck you, one-way roads and teeny tiny road signs and GPS that kept cutting out! But I actually learnt
something at that one, so yay for that, and then afterwards I got to meet up with my half-sister and niece and go to a super pretty café for cupcakes and bumbleberry juice. IDEK is bumbleberry is an actual thing or something they made up, but it was yummy.
- How good is this series of Doctor Who? Matt Smith is delightful as the Doctor and I'm already completely in love with Amy. It's basically my favourite thing ever when the companions get to save the day. ♥
- I signed up for femgenficathon
, and... I'm not entirely sure why? I don't write gen! I've been finding it difficult to write anything
lately! IDK, maybe it will inspire me to write this silly crossover idea I've got.
- On Tuesday I went down to London to meet up with lazy_daze
and Zel and see Rufus Wainwright, and OMG, he was fantastic
. It was just him and a piano, playing the new album interrupted for the first set and a bunch of older songs for the second set, and he sounded incredible. He messed up on the piano quite a bit, but it was kind of endearing, and he played so many songs I love. I can't believe I'd never seen him play Poses before! ♥
- Unfortunately, the day after I woke up feeling slightly weird, like I had the beginnings of a hangover even though I hadn't been drinking, and on the way home I just got worse and worse. Rushing to the train toilets in order to throw up and only just making it = not big on dignity. :(
- The leader debate last night was all kinds of boring, wasn't it? Still, well done, Mr Clegg; shame you can't win. I feel like I ought to be excited about this election because it's my first ever general election, but mostly I'm just super depressed that the Tories are almost definitely going to win.
- I'm going on holiday tomorrow! We're going down to Cornwall, so I feel kind of smug that our holiday plans haven't been thwarted by the giant volcanic ash cloud of DOOM.